Search This Blog

Thursday, April 17, 2014

More of Blessed Henry Suso on the Cross

More of Blessed Henry Suso on the Cross
--------------------------------------------------
 
 
"In their many crosses and trials, My friends live happily in the hope of glory. They enjoy peace of heart and tranquility of spirit and in the midst of their afflictions they are happier than the worldly ones with all their pleasures and false peace ... Hear the reason why I tempt them in such a manner ... I dwell in the soul as in a garden of delights and I do not permit it to take pleasure in anything apart from Me and thus become attached to creatures. And because I wish to possess that soul chaste and pure, I encircle it with thorns and entrench it with adversities so that it cannot find rest in base and created things, but it must place all its welfare in the depth of My Divinity ... The reward which I give to these souls for their least suffering is so great that all the hearts in the world taken together would not exhaust it."
 
 
From Mystical Evolution by Fr. John G. Arintero, O.P. - p. 124.